Areas of Expertise:
- Managing engineering resources to optimise workloads and ensure client expectations of time, cost and quality are achieved.
- Project management, with focus on planning, client reporting, measuring outcomes and managing project financial and commercial requirements.
- Preparing and presenting project proposals and engagement contract documentation.
- Health, Safety and Quality Management.
- Supporting overall business development, strategy formation and implementation.
Allan joined CGW in 2016 and manages the Geotechnical and Structural business sectors in Nelson. His responsibilities include project management of larger/multi-discipline projects, preparing technical and commercial proposals, client liaison and line management of the Nelson Structural & Geotechnical teams. He also contributes with support for health & safety, quality and business management systems across the organisation.
Allan began his career in Electrical Engineering and since coming to New Zealand from the UK 40 years ago he has held numerous senior roles. In doing so he has gained key experience in business development, leadership, people and project management, health & safety, quality and performance management. During his career Allan has worked in a wide range of industry sectors including: – Engineering, Manufacturing, Timber Processing, Building Product Manufacturing & Services, and Food Processing Machinery manufacture.
One of Allan’s career highlights was when, as the General Manager of a green field’s $180 million Medium Density Fiberboard plant, he helped establish a new $65million pa wood products manufacturing business. This included development of an overall business strategy and branding program to launch a new product into an oversupplied international market, establishing a comprehensive business infrastructure, recruiting and training a management team and workforce of 103 people and establishing a worldwide customer base.
When Allan allows himself some spare time he likes fishing, boating, cycling, getting out in the garden and spending time with his family.
You will find Allan in our Nelson Office
Phone: 03 548 8259
Mobile: 021 367 241